A share certificate (also known as a CD) is a great way to get your child’s feet wet in investing. As a guaranteed way to earn fixed, competitive returns, there’s no risk involved — just the opportunity to give savings a boost.
Help your child open their share certificate today with a 6-month term and $250 minimum deposit to get started.
- Available to young savers ages 17 and under
- Higher dividend rates than regular savings
- 6-month term
- Risk-free investment for young savers
- No setup or maintenance fees
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty
- $250 minimum deposit to open
- Unlimited additional deposits may be made anytime during the term of the CD
All youth accounts require an adult parent or guardian as a joint owner on the account. Minors may conduct transactions without joint owners present. Youth accounts are not eligible for Courtesy Pay. Proof of address and social security number required when opening any MPS Youth Account.Go to main navigation